- Epidural Steroid injection – an injection performed in the back or neck in an attempt to place some anti-inflammatory steroid with or without a local anesthetic into the epidural space close to the inflamed area that is causing the pain
- Facet Joint Injection – injection into these joints can provide relief of neck and back pain and increased movement
- Lumbar Sympathetic Block – performed for pain in the leg
- Ganglion Bloc – performed for the diagnosis of complex regional pain syndrome of the arm or hand or for treatment of pain to that area
- Radiofrequency Nerve Ablations – a minimally invasive procedure performed under live X-Ray guidance to treat back and neck pain by using precisely controlled heat to temporarily and selectively disable nerves responsible for pain
- Major Joint Injections (Knee, Hip, Shoulder) – used to treat pain resulting from various causes, including osteoarthritis
- Medial Branch Blocks / Facet Joint Injections – used to diagnose and treat pain arising from the small joints of the spine (facet joints)
- Occipital Nerve Blocks – safe, office-based procedures used to treat various types of headaches, including migraines
- Kyphoplasty (Balloon kyphoplasty) – a minimally invasive procedure for the treatment of painful fractures of the spine resulting from trauma in patients with osteoporosis or tumors
The primary goal of anesthesiology is to minimize pain and maximize your level of comfort. At Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Sunnyvale, we have anesthesiologists specially trained to manage your pain through a variety of means. We take the time to visit with you, discuss your options and associated risks, so you can feel confident and empowered moving forward.
Anesthesiologists are readily available for a number of departments and specialties. Anesthesiology services include:
- Overseeing pain and anesthesiology within surgery
- Advising in the emergency room and administering pain management therapies
- Assessing chronic lower back or joint pain
- Providing epidurals, sedation and other services
If you suffer from chronic pain, we have a number of services that may benefit you.